Archive for the 'baby books' Category
Friday, April 12th, 2013
It has been a dreary week.The weather just refuses to warm up and wind and rain have lashed wide swathes of the Eastern US into Canada. With the weekend upon us all I want to do is curl up and either stay in bed all weekend long, or maybe curl up with a good book in a comfy chair by the fire. What do you have planned? If you are about the same as me, let me tempt you to stay in with some of our luxurious comforts that you just shouldn’t be without…
The Comforts of Home
This little guy has got the right idea! I want to snuggle in there with him in the Classic weight Monarch comforter by Ogallala. It screams true comfortable. The Monarch classic is known for moderation, not too light and not too heavy. Filled with soft Hypodown 700, the Monarch is made of long staple cotton sateen bordered by a satin piping that brings you warmth anywhere you need to relax. Its classic box design is baffled for consistent appearance and warmth. 300 thread count cotton is a gentle nest that caresses a sleeping body from dusk until dawn. Available in twin, full, queen, super queen, king and super king sizes. For additional comfort add a Hypodown pillow.
If you do find yourself inspired to crawl out of bed, I know exactly where you are heading; the sofa! And who can blame you if this exquisite sofa is in your home. The Eloise Sofa by Art for Kids is a pretty, elegant and comfortable seating option for your room. The exquisitely crafted piece features a fine design with the option of many wood finishes. Add your own fabric to coordinate perfectly with your room decor and create a truly unique seating. Perfect for snuggling into on gray days.
If you make it to the sofa, then you will need a blanket to keep the damp out. This super plush and super soft throw blanket in 100% cotton features herringbone pattern and is elegant and cozy. We love these and they are some of the softest throws in the softest colors. Cotton, when brushed, undergoes a transformation that gives it a plush, alluring texture this side of heaven. This throw blends soft color with cream in a herringbone weave and finishes it with a twisted, natural fringe. Cozy up on the couch in style and in sophistication.
Now what could make it any better? Why snuggling with baby of course! All you need to add is a little soft music and a good book and you are set. The lullabies & daydreams: book for mom-music for baby is the perfect choice! It is a gift that both mom and baby can enjoy. The text is a treasury of reassuring advice and selected tidbits of wisdom for a new mom. The music CD contains some of the world’s most beloved lullabies performed by the renowned flutist James Gallway, and others.
Have a great weekend Babybox.com fans!
Wednesday, April 10th, 2013
When was the last time you talked to your siblings? How long ago did you see them last? Did you share a laugh, tear or hug? While you may have many friends in your lifetime, your siblings are the only ones that are there through it all. So often they are your first friends and quite possibly your best. They are there through the good times and bad in your formative years and that bond is a hard one to shake. So often it is a bond that endures the test of time and life. It is a bond that should be celebrated and today is the perfect day to do that. April 10th is National Sibling Day.
So today Babybox.com recognizes brothers and sisters and the bond that exists between them. We know how special our siblings are. They are usually the love behind our smiles, the strength in our convictions and the understanding in our compassion. Without siblings, the world would be a harder place to live in. Babybox.com thinks that the bond between siblings should be celebrated and that bond starts as soon as a second child is born. It starts at the very beginning and only grows from there.
National Sibling Day
We all know it takes a little adjustment for children, when a new baby is announced. An initial feeling of worry on behalf of the first child might exist and that feeling should be addressed. They are not being replaced and they need to know that. Siblings need to be celebrated too when the new baby arrives. What better gift than a sibling tee shirt. “Big Brother” or “Bib Sister” will feel important too with a personalized tee shirt embroidered just for him!…or matching shirts for baby and brother make an adorable pair! Each tee shirt comes wrapped and tied with a bow.
Here is another way to reduce any anxiety a new big brother might have when you are expecting a new baby. Get ready for the new Big Brother with this delightful, personalized keepsake book celebrating the transition from only child — or younger sibling — to Big Brother. This personalized photo journal addresses his excitement, anxiety, and limited understanding of what it means to become an older sibling. The journal starts with Mom’s pregnancy and continues right through to the birth of the new baby. The fun and easy fill-in-the-blanks format allows for fast customization of the entire story with photos from your child’s life, making them the star of the book! Long after helping your child adjust and prepare for this milestone transition, our keepsake photo journal will have a permanent place next to his much-loved baby book.
And that ultimate in having sibling has got to be in the incidence of twins! Built in siblings and best friends all in one go. A Twins Personalized Birth Tile is a wonderful way to commemorate their arrival.The hand painted and personalized 6″ x 8″ tile is individually crafted with the babies’ name and other birth information. This original artwork is heat-sealed into each tile, ensuring a high-quality finish, and a long lasting keepsake. The tile comes with coordinating ribbon. Makes a great gift!
Of course sometimes having a sibling means compromise, like sharing a room. What girls would complain about that with these beautiful lily rae twin double corner platform beds? The Relics Furniture Lily Rae Double Twin Corner beds are the newest addition to their beadboard line of furniture, inspired by traditional cottage styling. The beds are designed for a mattress and box spring combination and can be hand painted in your choice of one the many Benjamin Moore colors listed in the options. We also offer the option of finishing this item with ANY Benjamin Moore paint color, for an additional charge. This item can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states. Made in the USA. This is a classic bed which will work in any room.
How will you reconnect with your siblings today?
Friday, March 29th, 2013
It’s Good Friday; the start of the Easter weekend holidays for people of the Christian faith. The celebration is a reminder of the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus Chris made. He was arrested, tried and hung on a cross to die by the Romans of the day. Christians believe that he died for their sins, so that they may be given a new life. He is seen as the Son of God and the proof of that is in his resurrection three days later on Easter Sunday. It concludes the forty day fast of Lent, incorporates Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and of course Easter Sunday. Many attend church to listen to the Gospels, get baptized (newly converted), and receive the Eucharist (High Communion). Nowadays, a newer custom of collecting Easter eggs left out by the Easter Bunny has children looking forward to the holidays with glee. Regardless of how you celebrate, this weekend is a special one, and Babybox.com is excited too.
Easter Tidings from Babybox.com
Fresh and cheerful for Easter, we love our Vermont made soap bar set. Each bar is a generous 5 ounces, vegetable based and triple-milled for long lasting lather. Our bars are intricately carved. These are the industry’s most desired monogrammed and personalized soaps and not only do we offer you the deepest, crispest, and most defined personalization, we make sure your order leaves our Vermont studio within 24-48 hours from your order placement
Dress your little girl in this soft cashmere bunny dress and they will feel cozy but be the cutest baby on the block. Perfect for baby’s first Easter. 100% fine quality cashmere and available in blue green or pink. Add the matching cashmere pants for those babies on the move.
Celebrate your Easter meal for your child with this super cute Bunny plate. This non-toxic and dishwasher safe plate is BPA free and ideal for children of all ages. It is made of melamine and is virtually indestructible. This matte finish plate has 10 inches diameter that can also be personalized in your choice of dish style, color and font. It also makes a perfect gift for the child that will be cherished for the long time.
Our special “God Loves You! personalized book” explains to children just how much God loves them… and that they are God’s special creations! Each book comes personalized with your child’s name on the cover and it is used repeatedly throughout the text. God Loves You! features beautiful poetry by award-winning children’s author Jennifer Dewing and colorful, whimsical illustrations by award-winning artist Maria Carluccio. Measures 8.5″ x 8.5″, is hardcover and includes 20 interior pages. The book is perfect for the a christening, birth of a baby, baptism, naming ceremony, first communion, Easter, Passover or everyday occasion. It makes a perfect gift for children of the Christian, Jewish or Muslim faith. Ages 0-8 years
Monday, February 25th, 2013
Here Kitty, kitty! Come here kitty. We want to show you off to all of Babybox.com’s friends and customers today.
Good kitty. Now sit pretty so we can admire you all.
Super soft and super sweet is Bianca the charmed kitty. She is sure to help keep bad dreams away.
Jellycat designs in England and produces and distributes sophisticated high quality toys around the world that are hip and humorous and sumptuous. They have a passion for design that is heavily influenced by the fast changing world of fashion and as a result introduce new, innovative and original designs each year. Their toys are made of the highest quality plush materials that stand the test of time, many which are now collectors items. Jellycat creations are delightful to give, precious to hold and will always be welcomed with joy. Jellycat ensures that every single product meets or exceeds European Testing standards and American Testing standards.
This “Toile Kitty” wall art from Oopsy Daisy by Heather Gentile-Collins portrays cuteness and playfulness only to be equaled by your little one. This top quality canvas reproduction is stretched over wood bars with no glass to break. This piece is made using the Giclee printing process and has the look and feel of an original painting. It is equipped with a wire hanger on the back for easy wall displaying so no framing is required. It can be wiped clean with a soft, dry cloth. Makes a wonderful addition to any child’s room, playroom or even beach house. Designed by artist, Heather Gentile-Collins with biography attached to the back.
Your little ones are going to love this cute kitty lunch box! This cute kitty will make lunch time fun!.These fabulous lunchboxes are perfect for storing toys, crafts or snacks in your home, car, class or for play dates. Personalize with the child’s name!
These lunchboxes are made of 0.30 millimeter lead free tin and covered with high-tack adhesive on all sides. As an added bonus all lunchboxes comes with a chalkboard on inside lid. This is perfect for drawing or leaving a note for your child. How sweet is that?
Turn the pages of this plush, colorful book and see Kitty Cats different outfits for each day. JellyCat Dress Up soft books will open up a world of fun for your baby or toddler. Bright colors and fun stories will keep the attention of a wide range of little ones.
Made from an assortment of tactile and vibrant fabrics, little ones won’t be able to keep their hands off.
Friday, February 22nd, 2013
Happy World Thinking Day!
I know what you are thinking, and no, I did not make up this holiday. The good folks at the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts came up with World Thinking Day way back in 1926. I think it is not a bad idea either. On February 22nd every year, girl guides and scouts across the world dedicate themselves to thinking about their fellow girl guides and scouts, fundraising for World Thinking Day, plus most importantly, take part in fun and educational activities based on the present year’s theme. In 2013, the themes of World Thinking Day are “Together we can save children’s lives” and “Every mother’s life and health is precious“. Babybox.com is all about children, plus we cater to the mothers that raise them, so it is only natural that we tip our hat to these all important issues that affect us all.
medical keepsake box by child to cherish
What better way to safeguard your child’s health, than by monitoring it and attending to issues when they arise. These sweet medical keepsake box is the perfect baby gift for keeping track of baby’s health. Each kit, in your choice of blue or pink, contains: thermometer, scissors, nail clippers, a hot/cold pad, comb, brush, and nasal aspirator – everything baby needs in those first few months. There is even an notebook to record your child’s pertinent health information. This makes a great gift!
butterflies & hiccups guided pregnancy journal
As for Mom, her health is important too, especially when she is carrying that precious bundle in her belly. That’s why Babybox.com offers the Butterflies & Hiccups Pregnancy Journal. It beautifully illustrates the miracle of pregnancy with such grace and charm. Each month contains thought-provoking questions that prompts the new mother-to-be (and father!) to capture the most important moments of pregnancy. There is plenty of room to record practitioner visits, baby’s development, the physical changes and symptoms as well as special circumstances during pregnancy so you can customize your journal to reflect your unique experiences during this exciting time in your life. There is even room to include a picture each month, if desired!
market sling from serena & lily – grass/marigold
Once baby arrives, the next best thing to keep them safe is by holding them close whenever you can. For that, a sling cannot be beat. This market sling for baby from Serena & Lily shown here is the Grass (exterior) and Marigold (interior) combination which will compliment any mom’s wardrobe. Each baby sling is crafted with beautiful hand-embroidery on 100% organic cotton with a super-soft brushed interior that is gentle against baby’s delicate skin.
And to the Girl Guides and Scouts that are celebrating today and working hard to earn their World Thinking Day badges, Babybox.com says,
Have a great weekend!
Friday, January 18th, 2013
As the January doldrums set in, my eye drifts towards images of tropical getaways. Hmm, there has to be someplace warmer than here that I can escape to. Maybe Mexico, Vegas or even Hawaii might be nice! Mmm, hot sand between my toes, warm water lapping at my ankles and a good book on my lap to pass the idle hours with. That is exactly what I need!
This book is the perfect start to get your inspiration started. Now your little boy or girl can take a trip around the world, while he/she is learning his or her ABCs, with our new ABCs Around the World children’s book! ABCs Around the World gives children a peek into 26 different countries, helping them learn their ABCs through fun, rich, and colorful worldwide topics. ABCs Around the World concludes with an interactive page to help the child learn the importance of being a global citizen and Fun Fact pages that highlight information from each of the countries in the book. Perfect for your preschooler!
For even more fun, you can personalize this hardcover book by including the child’s name, birth date, and picture, as well as the gift-giver’s name. The child’s information will be included on a passport page. The child’s name will also appear on those pages with letters from his or her name, helping them learn how to spell their name.
As you can see, Mexico is included in the list of countries from around the world! Where else do you want to explore?
How about a taste of the beaches in Hawaii in your brand new hawaiian board shorts (orange/white)! The Snapper Rock Orange and White Hawaiian uv50+ swim shorts are ultra cool board bottoms for boys and girls, babies to teens. The Hawaiian prints and solid colors mix and match with our swim shirts, and new bucket hats. Perfect for a day outside at the pool or the beach. Or on one of the many beaches in Hawaii!
Wherever you go, I hope you have fun. Make sure you hold that airplane ticket tight as you dream of adventure tomorrow and in the days to come. And this “Fly the Skies” wall art from Oopsy Daisy by Aaron Christensen just might help. It is a gorgeous vintage style depiction of a massive white plain soaring over the jungle. This top quality canvas reproduction is made using the Giclee printing process and has the look and feel of an original painting. Each canvas reproduction is stretched over wood bars, glass-free, and comes ready to hang! No framing is required. This is the ideal surface for kids’ rooms as there is no glass to break! Artwork is finished on all sides and comes with a wire hanger for wall mounting. It can easily be wiped clean with a soft, dry cloth. Great gift idea. Designed by artist Aaron Christensen and it comes with his biography attached to the back.
Now start your list of everything you need to do and pack before you head out for your fun in the sun vacation. Here is the perfect notepad to keep it all organized with! This notepad from the Bonnie Marcus Collection features colorful swirl background and a pair of black sunglasses, a pink bikini and green and pink flip flops. The text on note pad reads; fun in the sun!
Note Pads measure 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and is printed on recycled white text weight paper. There are 60 lined sheets per pad.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this product will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation and other organizations promoting breast cancer awareness.
So grab extra sunscreen, your swimsuit and a smile. It’s high time for a vacation!
Monday, December 3rd, 2012
Would you like your shopping dollar to stretch a little further this Christmas? Remember that Babybox.com is having a 12/12/12 promotion sale. For every $75 you spend, you get 12% off your purchase. Even better though, is that on December 12, 2012 (12/12/12!), every hour, on the hour, between noon and midnight, Babybox.com will give away a $50 gift certificate to one lucky winner who has placed an order during the 12-day promotion. All you have to do is place your 5-digit order confirmation number on our Facebook wall and you are entered to win! That’s 12 chances to win!
For those of you still looking for Holiday gifts, this is a great opportunity to save some money over the holidays. While we highlighted some items that would satisfy the minimum $75 purchase order last week, in one shot purchases, perhaps you need a few more budget friendly gifts. Babybox.com has a few more suggestions of items that you can purchase to fill up your online shopping cart with, this time all under $75.
Time to Overflow Your Shopping Cart
- This very sweet cookie’s for Santa plate is perfect for the holidays! The little ones will be so excited each year to bring out Santa’s plate, so he and his reindeer can receive their special treats. Hand-made and personalized, this plate will be cherished for years to come. $48
- This “In the Arctic” wall art from Oopsy Daisy by Marisa Haedike depicts a polar bear next to an Igloo during the perfect and white Winter Days; a great addition for your little one’s room. This top quality canvas reproduction is stretched over wood bars with no glass to break. This piece is made using the Giclee printing process and has the look and feel of an original painting. It is equipped with a wire hanger on the back for easy wall displaying so no framing is required. It can be wiped clean with a soft, dry cloth. Makes a wonderful addition to any child’s room, playroom or even beach house. Designed by artist, Haedike Marisa with biography attached to the back. $69
- The Bella Bliss button back jumper is one of our best-selling classic style dresses! This dress has the perfect front for a monogram. Available in solid navy cord, red cord or orange cord with white ric rac detail at neckline and back. Also available in chocolate with hot pink ric rac or navy with red ric rac. Sizes 6m-8year. (6m-24m come with bloomer.) $52
- This thick, soft, lift-the-flap book is full of surprises for baby, who learns about the animals on a farm and the noises they make. $13
- This Oopsy Daisy “Sleeping Dog” nightlight brings a cute and adorable companion into your little dog lover’s room. This nightlight can be easily wiped clean with a soft, dry cloth and is ideal for your child’s room as it does not have a glass surface to break. You can personalize the nightlight with your child’s name or any other word or phrase like “Good Night”. This nightlight is designed by Jessica Flick, whose biography is included with each unit. $31.50
- This sophisticated baby blanket will look chic on any stroller or elegant in any nursery. Classic window Pane Check Flannel with Fringe, in a choice of either receiving or crib blanket size. Each can be personalized with your choice of font and thread color. $26
- The Clairebella personalized skins adds style to your gadgets. These super-quality skins make a perfect gift for your gadget-freak techie friend. It can be paired with a sleeve to get that ultimate combination. Add a touch of distinctiveness by personalizing the name or initial of the person in your choice of pattern, font and style. The Skins are available for the following devices:iPad & iPad2, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Tab & Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1US, Motorola Xoom, Kindle2, Kindle3, Kindle DX, Nook Color & Nook Touch $44
- These personalized Memo Sets “Tee It Up” come with 200 loose sheets tied in a grosgrain ribbon in a reusable acrylic holder. Choose from several font styles. Personalize these 2 lines of text at the top and up to 1 line of text at the bottom of the note sheets. Consider these whimsical notes as a gift for teachers, friends, coaches and kids! $36
- The green monster towel is one of our best sellers! (We’re not sure if it’s because kids love the silly face or because parents feel that it’s the towel that best captures the spirit of their children.) The thirsty, 100% cotton terry towel in this design is available in turquoise, or green. Made in U.S. Machine wash. Fits children ages 2 and up. $39
- The dash is the epitome of hip, urban style. Radically changing the shape and look of our best selling duo, the dash still incorporates many of its innovative features. It is the perfect adornment to mom’s style, while also serving as the ideal add-on to any stroller. Ten roomy pockets allow for room for all of baby’s and mom’s stuff, with zippered pockets to protect personal items. The dash is available in a wide assortment of fabulous color pairings. $68
- Our Wood Monogram with circle frame will look stunning on any door front and is perfect addition to any seasonal home decorations. The unfinished wood monogram is shipped to you and once it arrives, it is ready for you to paint or embellish to your liking. You pick the paint color, such as red or white for holiday, orange or brown for fall, whatever pleases you. We love classic white paint and adding a touch of colored ribbon to match the season. Add glitter for a bling effect or finish with flat or gloss paint. Our letters are easy to spray paint and you can repaint them as your color needs change. Lightweight and easy to hang anywhere. Perfect accent for wreathes, doors, chairs, tables, mirrors and of course, walls. Our sizes reflect the height of the entire monogram. Width varies depending on the letters in the monogram. The 8″ – 12″ monograms are 1/8″ thick birch wood. The 16″ & 18″ monograms are 1/4″ thick birch wood. Custom cut to order and ships in 8-10 business days. $26
- Celebrate Christmas and the holidays with the fabulous personalized picture frame. The frame comes in a variety of colors and includes your family name and the year. Frame holds 5 x 7 photos and personalization is in fancy font. Frame is sold only in size and style shown. A great way to celebrate and decorate during the holiday season and all year long. Makes a great gift for special friends and family as well. $56
There’s plenty more where these items came from, so get shopping before time runs out!
Friday, November 30th, 2012
Here are the basics – Starting TODAY, November 30th, 12 days prior to 12/12/12, BabyBox.com will activate a shop coupon code for 12% off any purchase over $75 for the next 12 days. CODE 121212P
On December 12th, 2012 (12/12/12) (Christmas being 12 days later) from 12 noon till 12 midnight EST, every hour on the hour, during the 12 hour period, BabyBox.com will give away a $50 gift certificate to one lucky person who has placed an order online any of the 12 days prior, and has posted their 5 digit order confirmation number on our Facebook wall.
Good luck everyone, please remember to post your 5 digit order number in the facebook post to be entered to win one of 12, $50 gift certificates.
And to get your shopping started, here are 12 items to toss into your shopping cart right NOW!
12 Items to Fill Your Cart With
- Every home should have one of these fabulous custom family pillows, inspired by vintage subway signs. All of our pillows are eco-friendly, produced with a natural cotton and linen blend fabric. $125
- This beautiful and classic cotton seedstitch hoodie is completely lined in a soft plaid fabric. Each hoodie can be personalized with a name or monogram in a camel thread that matches the interior of the hoodie. Finished along each trim with wooden toggle buttons. A perfect jacket for the Fall. Add the matching plaid blanket for the ultimate gift. $87
- Art for Kids vintage toy chest with the classic enchanted forest motif is a wonderful piece that will had style and space to your room. Use the chest to store toys and other items to keep your nursery clutter free and add a special charm to the decor. You and your child will enjoy the toy chest. Makes a great gift! $1595
- Our unique approach to these popular acrylic trays. This clever design includes a hardboard insert that can easily be removed for cleaning or swapped out for an alternate design. Order additional inserts to have on hand for every birthday, event or holiday! Available in Medium [shown above] or Large. $110
- The exquiste “Alice” moses basket by designer Lulla Smith is lined and bordered with Silk Velvet and has a gathered skirt, two full side bows and piping in Dupioni Silk, creating a luscious and cozy sleeping place for baby. Basket includes a mattress and an Ivory Italian cotton envelope sheet. A matching 10″x10″ decorative pillow and receiving blanket are also available. Shown in Ice Dupioni Silk and Light Blue Silk Velvet. Also available in Ivory and Blush. $410
- This 104-page new edition of the old Mother Stork’s Baby Book includes the original illustrations by Albertine Randall Wheelan and the gentle words of several well-known poets including Lewis Carroll, Eugene Field and Robert Louis Stevenson. Mother Stork’s Baby Book offers 50 categories in which to organize your baby’s earliest information and ample room to mount your favorite images and keepsakes. It also makes a perfect gift since it’s wonderful for a baby boy or girl. $135
- The Ruffle is fun and flirty. It looks great peeking out from a v-neck sweater or jacket. It is even adorable worn alone. Dress it up or dress it down! $138
- This Christmas Drummer Boy baby bedding set by Blauen is an extra special way to enjoy baby’s first Christmas! The 3 piece crib collection features a beautiful blanket, musical pillow and boudoir pillow. The cozy polar blanket is made from cuddly polartec fabric on both sides, trimmed with a wide red checker band that is edged in white satin and adorned with a little drummer boy in the middle of the band. The musical pillow in festive red and white check plays sweet seasonal lullabys and the boudoir pillow with its ric rac design will transform your baby’s nursery into a holiday wonderland! Makes an incredible gift! $350
- This soliders print artwork features bright toy soldiers framed on a yellow and white striped background. The print is a great way to add charm and color to your little one’s room. Works great with the other prints in this series. $104
- The Junior Fatboy bean bag chair is a old is new again idea for children’s furniture. Made from coated-nylon fabric which is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. You can sit on it just like a chair, or you can also recline in it, roll it up and lie against it, perch on it horseback-style–and since it’s so large. Water resistant and stain resistant. The fatboy is filled with virgin polystyrene beads. $159
- This pretty pink pedal car is perfect for your little driver. She’s all pink and white and chrome and waiting for a princess to pedal off in her. Just like the originals, our pedal car is made of heavy gauge steel and is ready for hours of play. Designed by Airflow Collectibles, this quality Pink Princess Car lets them cruise around in the classic pedal toy you remember from your childhood! Girls RULE, when they’re in this ride! This Toy has been safety tested and approved for the USA; Three position adjustable pedal assembly for a perfect fit; Quality sealed ball bearing drive; High traction tires and non slip pedals; Automotive-grade lead-free powder coat paint for years of gleaming good looks; $229
- This snowflake holiday sweater is perfect for any child this season. Start your holidays early with this hand made snowflake sweater. Pick one for every member of your family – ideal choice for upcoming holiday photos! Available in sizes 6 months up to 12 years. 100% cotton, Handmade in the USA. $84
Happy shopping and don’t forget to post your order confirmation number on Babybox.com’s Facebook page!
Wednesday, October 31st, 2012
It has been a heck of a week on the Eastern seaboard. Hurricane Sandy knocked the stuffing out of New York City, New Jersey, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, even stretching up into Canada! Incredibly low pressure systems, winds, rain and snow devastated wide swathes of land, knocking out power to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses. Babybox.com was just one of them.
While everyone tries to pick up the pieces, there are still many people affected by the storm. Power has returned to many, but some folks are still sitting in the dark waiting for the lights to come back on. This post is for you.
THINGS TO DO WHEN THE POWER IS OUT
- Get a head start on wrapping your Christmas Gifts
This beautiful letterpress personalized “Holiday dots” gift wrap is truly luxurious. This personalized gift wrap is a distinctive and meaningful way to decorate the exterior of your gift with any wording of your choice. Personalized wrapping paper is the perfect way to gift wrap holiday gifts, birthday gifts and baby shower gifts. It is different from others as a unique nine step stamping process is used to produce each roll.
- Read a book snuggled under a warm blanket
Our favorite new blanket, measuring a generous 36″ x 53″, this features classic blocks and initials throughout. Perfect for cuddling in a chair or just about anywhere – even for an adult room. Perfect design for a baby girl or boy and can be designed in any color combination you wish. With a wide range of colors and fonts to choose from, this blanket can be ordered in either easy to care for soft acrylic or luxury cashmere. The acrylic fabric never fades or shrinks, is very long lasting and is available in 18 colors. The cashmere is simply heaven and is available in 9 colors. and 6 fonts. (Antique Roman font only). Sample shown in Sand/Bleach White and Antique Roman Font.
This 100% Palm Wax Monogrammed Candle is hand-poured in Vermont. Each Vermont made, hand poured candle slowly melts (tunnels) into itself as it burns, creating the perfect holder for a tea light. The carving actually illuminates as it burns down! Our signature tunnel burn means the carved candle is yours to enjoy for years to come. It’s the perfect keepsake!
- Play an old-fashioned board game, minus the electronics!
This set is super chic and quite clever, if we do say so ourselves!!! A colorful backgammon board that is personalized with the icon, font and text of your choice. In four color combinations with candy-colored game pieces and dice that resemble small ice cubes, this is a chic take on a classic game, certain to make cocktail hour fun! There are also 7 different colors available for the gaming pieces. Please note that the turquoise & coral pieces are opaque and the white & light blue pieces are frosted. The rest of the pieces are clear jewel tones. Available in pink & green, coral & turquoise, navy & kelly and blue & brown [not shown]. If you want a different color combo for the board other than what is shown, we can customize the colors on the board to coordinate with any of the game pieces for a $25 set up fee. Set includes glossy game board, 30 plastic game pieces, pair of crystal clear dice and ivory organza storage bag. Board measures 9” x 12.5” inches.
And for those of you unlucky enough to be missing out on trick-or-treating tonight, due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, we feel for you. Why not tell spooky ghost stories tonight by flash light? Hmm, unless you have had enough of a fright already this week, then why not a feel good story like this one to cuddle up to as we all reflect how important togetherness and family time truly is.
personalized child’s book – who loves me
Friday, October 19th, 2012
Time for the weekend. Just in time, too! I could use some downtime. How about you? What does your weekend look like? Are you at the arena at 6am for hockey practice or lying in bed until the crack of noon? Do you casually sip coffee over the morning newspaper or are you busily preparing a stack of pancakes a mile high with the kids? Put some blueberries in my pancake, if you are making them! I will need it to fuel all the running around that the weekend entails in my world. Groceries, dance lessons, music practice and more. Or was this the weekend that we were going to remodel the dining room in anticipation of the upcoming holidays? Time to check my planner, before tossing it into the desk drawer at 5pm. Bring on that weekend!
THE WEEKEND AWAITS…
First things, first; how about a cocktail to help unwind after a long week. Hand over that martini in my personalized cocktail glass please! Say goodbye to the pantyhose for the weekend and hello to fuzzy slippers for the rest of the night. Now that’s the way to start a lovely evening with maybe even a romantic fire to set the tone. Nice!
Depending upon how many cocktails you had, AND of course the demanding nature of your children, might determine what time you roll out of bed in the morning. No one would blame you for wanting to stay in bed all day though, when you have this comforter to snuggle underneath. The Pearl Crescent Classic Comforter can only be described as billowy clouds of softness. It’s unique baffled honeycomb design keeps the soft down interior aloft, even after being used as a sleeping bag in front of a roaring fireplace on Christmas Eve. Hypodown 800 will surround you in coziness, while it’s breathability is unmatched in the Classic weight category. It combines two of nature’s most unique fibers to give you a tranquil, restful night’s sleep. Our Hypodown blend is four parts white goose down and one part Syriaca clusters, a fiber from the milkweed plant. The two work hand in hand to give you the best of their natural abilities: warmth and comfort. The 330 thread count cotton and satin piping billows over the bed so thickly that one can’t be sure where, if anywhere, lies a sleeping person. To create the ultimate in a luxury bed, add Ogallala pillows. Definitely the stuff dreams are made of…
But not for you this weekend! Grab your coffee to go and head out to face the day. Good thing you’ve got your Clairebella personalized travel mug handy. Just the thing you need to keep your brain sharp when you’re making the decision between the colors “Blanched Cranberry”, “Uncle Ray’s Salsa” or “Rose Chablis”. You just might need that extra caffeine. This is adequately insulated to keep drinks and beverages hot especially during chilly winter mornings or long visits to the paint store. The 18 oz mug can be utilized to perk up the mornings with a filtered hot coffee. Choose from wide array of patterns, fonts and personalization styles to add a personal touch to the mug. It also makes a perfect souvenir item for friends, family and co-workers.
After the rollers have been put down and the paint cans resealed, it is finally time for a little downtime. I know the perfect thing too; super-sweet snuggles with your sweetie, as you read stories before bed. What better way to reconnect with your child after a busy day, than by reading their brand new book all about them! The newest book from I See Me, ABC What Can I be is an exciting, whimsical and educational storybook, in which your child explores all the different careers in the alphabet that he or she can be – from an Astronaut to a Zookeeper. The book is personalized throughout with your child’s name showing what he or she can be. A fun way to bring about your child’s aspirations.
Now to dreamland. Maybe tomorrow you can stay in bed all day…